Republicans want to allow state governments to go bankrupt so they can destroy civil service unions! Strange isn’t it that they fought tooth and nail to make it harder for individuals to declare bankruptcy! Former Republican Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich is leading the fight. There is a method to their madness. They want to empower the corporate class to siphon off the life blood of middle class Americans.
The issue is to increase not just the finances of the rich but to undermine the security of the vast Silent Majority of Americans – our great Middle Class! When the unions are undermined then the power of the corporate class interests grows since progressive politicians receive support from unions! With less better paying jobs available, the wages of all Americans can be reduced while the profits of our social betters increase! Ah yes this is what they call “Freedom”! The freedom to serve the Economic Royalists and their right wing social engineering experiment!
This issue is discussed below in this video from the Keith Olbermann Show.
Job Security Vs. Portfolio Security
What they don’t mention in the video above is that many resent civil service unions because they have some measure of job security. Our social betters don’t want anyone to have “job security”. They like to play one part of the middle class against the other! In this nation 47% of American households made so little that they were not required to pay federal income tax!
If they had union jobs then the tax base of the United States of America would grow! Instead our jobs are shipped to China while our social betters stay at home and collect their dividend checks for this great “innovation” of shipping American jobs overseas and increasing the competition for those jobs that remain!
Middle Class Talking Point: Bankruptcy
President Obama has to stop being the wimp that he is and stand up for the middle class and the progressive base that put him in power!
Here are some suggestions:
- Push for the repeal of Bush era laws that made it hard for individuals to declare bankruptcy! How about a bail out for main street and the middle class!
- The President must push to make union organizing of both blue collar and WHITE COLLAR employees easier by the card check method!
- Raise the progressive income tax to Eisenhower era levels of 91%! Dividends from corporations that bring back jobs from overseas can enjoy a tax rate of 50%!
- Raise the estate tax on millionaires so that little Brad can join his peers in the middle class and share in this “great land of equal opportunity and entrepreneurial competition ”! We don’t want to dis-empower little Brad from achieving “American ruggard individualism”!
The time has come to stand up for the Silent Majority: our great Middle Class! Don’t let the Republicans use bankruptcy as a tool in their Social Engineering Experiment to redistribute Middle Class wealth even further toward their Plutocracy of America!
- Axelrod’s Quaint Idea of Middle Class “Security”: Admin Will Give GOP Extension on Tax Cuts for Wealthy (emptywheel.firedoglake.com)
- More Class Warfare From Conservatives in Media and Government (themoderatevoice.com)
- Usury And The Serfing Of The Middle Class (middle-class-populist.com)
- Support Our Social Betters (middle-class-populist.com)
- Let middle class direct payments (timesunion.com)